Akeance Consulting has participated, through its Country Manager Frank Roessig, to the conference organised, June 5, 2015 in Luxembourg by the think tank Hiero of which Frank is a founding member.
Hiero a.s.b.l is a Luxembourg think tank dedicated to innovations in the financial sector. It was founded, May 20, 2015 by a multidisciplinary team with competences in finance, banking, IT, law and business. It offers consultancy and research services on applying technological innovation to finance, with a current focus on crypto-finance.
What is crypto-finance?
Crypto finance is about applying cryptography and distributed trust software to the financial area, in order to increase the efficiency and resiliency of the financial system. Although the most talked-about application in this field is currently bitcoin, many other technologies are being developed.
Hiero a.s.b.l events:
The think tank is holding regular monthly meetings, which typically consist of 30 minute presentation followed by a discussion.
In order to spread the awareness of these new technologies in Luxembourg, Hiero had organised two events:
An intense one-day workshop was held, June 2, 2015 for specialists wishing to get a head start in crypto-finance with the following programme:
- introduction to cryptography;
- refresher on financial markets and introduction to crypto-finance technology;
- impact of crypto finance on financial markets;
- the Argon password hashing scheme, a technology developed in Luxembourg;
- ecology and crypto finance;
- bitcoin, the personal viewpoint of a programmer.
June 5, 2015, was organised a half-day conference for the financial community detailing the financial concepts and business models of crypto finance. The Tembusu Trust platform was also presented by its founder to show a concrete application of crypto finance. Below the conference programme:
- crypto-finance basic concepts;
- Tembusu Trust: stellar based, ripple-derived system gives banks a head-start in crypto-finance;
- use cases;
- crypto-finance: the personal view of a Managing Director of a Singapore bank;
- impact on banks business model;
- legal challenges of crypto-finance in Luxembourg;
- why is open-source important, the IT ecosystem;
- Q & A + Conclusion: the bottom-line question.
During this conference, Frank Roessig has spoken as a founding member of Hiero a.s.b.l and Akeance Consulting Country Manager in Luxembourg to present the new digital finance business models.
For any information, plase use the following link Contact.